The World I Call My Own
Generate Your Own Glitter Graphics @ GlitterYourWay.com

~Previous Posts~ ~Things to do~
  • Go Science Centre
  • Go to Zoo with them
  • Give Rick a treat
  • Lose 5 more kilos

~TagBoard~

~Credits~
  • diaphaneity dot com
  • Monday, May 08, 2006

    Disappointed

    Ya, was a little late in updating but... but... well.. the results didn't came as a surpise but I was definitely hoping for something else.

    It was so close... When they announced the results, my heart almost stopped... It's all over now. All will have to wait till 5 years later... In the meantime, this 5 years we will see the after effect. The first to come I guess would be the transport fee. Damn it.. I seriously don't know how those people up there can stare at the figues and decided that they do not have enough PROFITS so the easy way out? INCREASE the fees.. it's so simple, just like a snap of fingers and tah-dah!!! The next thing you know the transport fee went up again and again..

    The reason they gave can never convince me. See, I took economics before and I somehow learnt that upgrading or improving your facilities and services are going to help you generate MORE income. So... when you choose to upgrade just because you want to earn more, you don't decide that you want to increase the transport fee as well. I'm pretty sure Singaporeans won't mind a not-so-good looking bus or a not so spacious MRT for a cheaper transport fee. Seiously, after I paid so much.. I don't see much improvements in the public transport.. in fact it actually got WORSE! See, I don't understand why after paying SO much for a MUCH BETTER bus, I still have to bear with a leaking aircon, flooded buses during rainy days or even a spoilt air-con bus. WHERE did all the money goes to? After the money we paid, I do not enjoy much better services. I still have to wait for a long long (...x100 times) for a bus. The bus driver decided to zoom pass me even though I was less than 100M away from the bus stop and carrying tons of stuff. IS THIS THE KIND OF SERVICE I should expect after paying SO MUCH?!?

    Oh man, don't give me crap like how other countries' public transport fees were SO much higher than ours. See, they CAN EASILY afford a car. The cars there ARE CHEAP! Hence the amount of people taking public transport is so little! With so many Singaporeans taking public transport EVERYDAY, I don't really think the companies are making a loss, seriously.

    Walking on the street recently, I found more and more old people and disabled people selling tissues. It's getting so common and well.. the economy IS improving.. When my Malaysian friend asked me whether the old lady whom I bought tissue from is selling bacause she's bored at home or she really needs to do it for survive, I could not give an answer. Last time I would think that there's really not much POOR people in Singapore who cannot even afford to feed themselves. Now? I don't know. Somehow, I doubt whatever I read from the newspaper and what I hear from the news. Improvements? Sorry, I really don't see it. Whenever I see the old people selling tissues on the street, bowing to the passer-by hoping that they can at least buy a dollar worth of tissue, breaks my heart.

    Welfare state is not the way to go. I totally hate welfare state but it does not means that there's nothing we can do for them. When you can offer 80 millions to upgarde lifts, maybe you can have better use for that 80 millions. Haiz.. when someone mentioned that Lychee emphasized too much on international issues, I believed he was not the only one. Can someone just take a break from their important international job and decide to really look into the problems of the citizens who need to pay their million/year job?

    Damn sick.. Ok, fair enough the you-know-who is doing a good job. But all I wish for is that they can really seriously take a look at the problem at home.. here.. in this country they say we call our home....


    link | posted by trom_piggy at 2:04 AM |


    0 Comments:

    Want to Post a Comment?

    powered by Blogger | designed by mela